Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Enhancing Our Language Shelf

Well I was out of the office today. As a licensed child care provider there are requirements that need to be met and sometimes that requires me to have to leave. Actually it was good to be around adults for a change:) Since I was out I really cannot report with accuracy what they did, and apparently they weren't in a picture taking mood. However I would like to share this work that will be available to them next week.

All three of them are interested in making their handwriting look like art. Michelle has been teaching them how to do some graffiti. DJ and Ken have a love and hate relationship with practicing cursive handwriting. So I thought learning Calligraphy would add some excitement in their journeys.

 I will be using this book as a guide and will be making materials that will help them learn each new skill. If their interest is high they will probably read straight from the book during their independent learning time.
 This Calligraphy pen set was just ten dollars with a coupon at Hobby Lobby. All three of the kids have already been asking to use them. They think I spent much more money on this and are willing to wait until I put this work on the shelf prepared correctly for use, and of course we have to learn the parts of these pens:) I also have been searching for quality paper at an affordable price. I hope that this work will encourage more writing.                                                                        

2 comments:

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!