Thursday, June 28, 2012

It Is Hot!!

96 degrees!! Need I say more?  The Sun was the focus of our conversation today as I suspected it would be. Before swim time I read one of their favorite books to them.

 Which got them thinking about making shadow prints. I was confused at first  about what they were talking about. Oh, Sun Prints.    

 I also reintroduced them to the Parts Of The Sun. I don't remember if Ken has ever shown any interest before yesterday about the sun but here is a blast from the past when DJ first was interested in learning more about the Sun.


They were really excited that they were able to identify the root word in photosphere, and from there they were able to understand this part of the Sun's function. Which led them to want to discover what other things can the sun give us.

                                                    Can we make tea with the Sun?

 DJ was very interested in using the solar oven so he was thinking food. "Can I make scrambled eggs will the sun"? he asked.

The answer to all of their questions were Yes and Yes!! Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the results, it was hot, we were in out of water and unfortunately my camera isn't waterproof.

Tomorrow our temps are still in the 90's. It is going to be another chill out day!!
    
        

                                                                                                                            

                                                                               

2 comments:

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!