MY TOP TEN REASONS FOR CHOOSING THE MONTESSORI METHOD AS OUR CURRICULUM
1. It isn't a curriculum it is a philosophy!! It allows me to cater to all of my children's learning styles.
2. It allows me to follow their interest through close observation.
3. The prepared environment allows my children to want to learn during a set time frame and even when I think school is over.
4. The materials have a built in control of error. This helps them to to not feel intimidated to learn new skills, they feel successful at the end of each day.
5. My children love their school work and have a desire to keep at skills that may not come naturally for them. They may work extensively on one skill and they don't feel any pressure to move on.
6. Their work time is not interrupted therefore their concentration can progress to tackle "harder" work.
7. They feel they are in charge of their learning. We make a work plan together and they stick to the contract that we agreed on .
8. My children can learn from each other by observing and helping each other without feeling obligated. They do this because they are proud that they have learned the skill and what to share.
9. They learn by intrinsic motivation. Bribes and rewards are not necessary.
10. They love knowing everyday is a new day and no two school days look alike.