Right now I have just introduced the train table to them and some blocks. It is still important to me to instill the Montessori philosophy even when none of the materials are in use. By introducing one toy at a time they still know how to respect the materials and the "rules" to follow in order to play with them.
- No sitting on the train table
- Please don't put the toys in your mouth
- Please put toys that have been in your mouth in the dirty toy bin
- Wash the toys in the dirty toy bin
- Clean up work area when you are done playing
It has been a lot of fun watching them use this open ended train table. Maps and travel times have been discussed, and different layouts of bridges have been created.
Next up the dress up and housekeeping area.
Leave a comment tell me what you think!