Thursday, August 16, 2012

Learning Spaces


                                                                           
Not Back to School Blog Hop
All week long I have been browsing the links at the School Room Hop hosted by iHomeschool Network. I love looking at other homeschoolers learning spaces. It is a wonderful linky that is so inspirational! I thought since I was doing so much peeking that it would only be right to share where my children learn.

My kids learn so much outside of these spaces that I am sharing. They love field trips, relaxing on the sofa with a book, in the backyard, and they especially love being in the kitchen creating some tasty meals, and sometimes not so tasty meals. Their learning base is in the basement and it works out really well for us, because I work at home with other children it allows us to still bond. Also I am not running all over the place whenever one of them shouts" Come see what I just did". There are days that they work right alongside me with the preschoolers, and become teachers themselves.

 When you come down the basement steps and turn to the left you see their first office space.

 This wall is to the left as you enter the room. The television is in the room for Latin and so that we can use a DVD player to listen to music. The red and blue bins hold their read aloud books, or books that they checked out from the library. The drawers in the entertainment center hold my books, and materials that I will be presenting to them that week.

 If you keep turning left you will see Ken's project shelf and our music/art shelf.

 Next to those shelves are the math shelves.

  A table that I encourage art to be done on, Ken may use it when she does sewing work.

 The language shelves. The drawers hold  materials that help make books also known as our writing center with various materials to inspire creativity and embellishing of works.

       Another angle of a language shelf.

  Our Geography/History shelves.We will be doing a very long unit study of the elections and that is why I have the Electoral College Map on the wall.

 Across the hall is the second office. When you walk in you see Michelle's and DJ's project shelves.

 To the right is their Botany/Zoology and other Sciences shelf.

 Michelle's work space. The computer used specifically for research by all of them.

  On your way out another set of shelves that hold Michelle's works.

I hope you enjoyed the tour as much as I enjoyed visiting all of yours.

Happy Schooling!!                                                                                

9 comments:

  1. Nice! We are doing an elections unit too - where did you get the C-SPAN Electoral College map??? I so want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ordered the map for free from C-Span

      Delete
  2. This is a great learning space with lots of wonderful materials! Our basement gets too wet to do anything with. I love that shade of purple too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the color. It took a bit of getting use to, it was Michelle's choice of color.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat and organized space! I love you cork boards and touch of decoration using bunting, cute! I am organizing ours and yours is a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That looks like a huge space of which I'm a bit envious!! I bet its great place for your children to be productive! Looks good!

    from Donna at http://ajoyfulblessing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!