Thursday, August 30, 2012

Things That Make Them Say "WOW"

I try sometimes to look over materials before the children see it, unfortunately it is difficult to do unless I stay up after they have gone to sleep. I got antsy last night to look over some materials and when I rolled out the The Time Line of Life you would of thought we were getting on a plane to go to Disney. LOL. All three of them were wowing(is this a word?) over it.



 It is too long to get in one photo. The bottom time line is the working model

 The picture die cuts for the children to use with the working model.

 Corresponding books that will help them learn more about the specific time periods.

 Informational cards about the time periods, and animals or plants that lived during the time period.

The manual I will be using to give presentations regarding the Time Line of Life.  

Michelle was beyond excitement when she saw this. Again this type of information is what is missing from the public schools that she attended. I was pleased to see her emotions over this work. Michelle is quite advanced and it has been very difficult for me to create a "curriculum" for her. I don't think we are going to have any dull moments in the Cultural department. All of the materials were purchased from Alisons Montessori
I am linking this post to the History/Geography Meme hosted by All Things Beautiful

5 comments:

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!