Saturday, November 3, 2012

Journeys of Faithfulness: A SchoolHouse Crew Review


Photobucket
 Apologia  has recently published another wonderful book that we were given a copy to review, Journeys of Faithfulness written by Sarah Clarkson. Journeys of Faithfulness is a collection of stories written about five women in the Bible. Sarah Clarkson shares her personal insights to offer a challenge for Young Christian Daughters and their Mothers to understand the journeys of these women. Through historical fiction the reader is pulled into identifying with Mary& Martha, Mary the mother of Jesus, Esther and Ruth.

Photobucket


When this book arrived Michelle immediately begin reading it. My plans were for us to read this book together. I am glad that I let her go ahead, because it  inspired her to want to read the Bible. My children are just now getting to understand their God and truthfully they just started learning how to find scriptures in the Bible. They just recently started to attend Sunday School. With that said, this wasn't a book for Michelle to read alone right now. She is need of finding the truth as it is written in the bible. Journeys of Faithfulness is beautiful historical fiction and packed with awesome scriptures! But I feel that she should know what is in the bible first before having any fiction mixed in, it could cause a lot of confusion. For me reading this book was a life changing experience! At 39 I believe in God, and I can give you plenty of personal testimonies of how I know there is a God. It wasn't until I read this book that I could truly see the connection that I have/or don't with the women in the Bible. Michelle has continued to read this book, because she can't really put it down:)  The more questions she has the more we are digging into the Bible.  It truly makes my heart smile that a book can lead her into finding out that the Bible is a source for true information. What I want is often different then what my kids want. She loves this book!!  I decided that since she is really into this book to use it as a starting point for getting to know the Bible. Michelle's  first question was "I thought Mary was Jesus's  mother" when she was reading Part I: Mary and Martha as the story developed she was able to understand that these were two different women which led to other discussions about the Bible. Another thing that I thought was wonderful about this book is that there are Bible Study questions included after each chapter, just perfect for a Mother and Daughter team like Michelle and I.

I really enjoyed reading this book and I know Michelle is going to learn so much as we reread this book together. The book was written for Young Christian Women ages 12 and up. I agree with the target audience but had no idea how great of of an impact it would have on my 14 year old daughter and this 39 year old woman. God has a way of reaching all of us and for Michelle it was this book. You can read a sample chapter here. The cost of the book is $13.00

To read other Crew Member Reviews of this book go here

Photobucket
Disclaimer: I was given a free copy of this book as a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew in exchange for a honest review. All opinions expressed are all my own!!

1 comment:

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!