- Worked with the Teen Boards
- Wrote the number three numerous of times
- Counted dinosaurs in the Number Jars
- Prepared snack for a group of eight children
- Worked with the Sandpaper Numbers
- Worked with the Cards and Counters
- Recognized an ABCC Pattern
- Also worked on vowel digraphs
- a number of reading sentence work pages from lessons from PAL: Reading and Writing from Institute for Excellence in Writing.
- Started working on writing uppercase letters
- Played a game that reinforced what letters were consonants or vowels.
- Worked with the Metal Insets and Pink/ Green Sandpaper letters
- Enjoyed independently reading.
- Fell in love with Jack and Annie from The Magic Treehouse. I am reading aloud Book 1: Dinosaurs Before Dark
- Enjoyed learning more about the new poem "Squirrel".
Our new talking microscope was a work that Janessa repeated a lot this week. She really was excited that she was able to identify the letters to put the code in herself. This is a great first microscope.
- Worked with the parts of the leaf puzzle and cards.
- Worked with the Botany Cabinet sensorially.
- Learned what a Paleontologist does.
- Learned different names of dinosaurs
- Learned how to erupt a volcano independently with baking powder and vinegar
- Did lots of work finding animals around the world.
- Worked with the landforms and can identify an island.
Practical life works have always been Janessa's favorite area to complete works in. This week I introduced a two hand mixer to the children and she spent a lot of time mixing up bubbles.
- Helped prepare snacks
- Helped to keep the work area clean by sweeping when even it wasn't her mess.
- Worked on sewing a doll dress
- Made a bracelet
- Used a garlic presser
- Dusted classroom shelves
Linking to the Preschool/Kindergarten Corner hosted by Homeschool Creations