Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Checkerboard Love

If today's math lesson is any indication of how Ken will feel about math this year

 Then I guess we got it going on!!

                                                                                 
Today Ken started working with the Shiller Math curriculum. The lesson was showing how to do long multiplication, which was good timing to introduce how to use the Checkerboard. After we did a couple of problems together she took off!! Ken says "the Checkerboard is so much fun, it's just like playing checkers".  Ken has been successful with completing long multiplication before, but it was a hit or miss kinda deal. I am so glad to hear her talk through a problem, it helped me to understand what she has been missing to master this concept.
                                                                             

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I was a little afraid of that checkerboard. I'm so relieved to hear that the kids like it some much. Her smile gets me right in the heart EVERY TIME!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!