Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Building The Molecules

A funny thing happened today while we were doing Botany. The kids saw right through my personal agenda of wanting to learn about the Leaf. They don't know the parts of the leaves, so I was using the theme of Fall ,nature and all that good stuff that they perceived as "teacher talk". They started giggling and told me I sounded like a teacher. No harm, no foul, just a little confused if I should be taking this as a total put down. All of sudden just like they were in a classroom filled with kids they begin chanting " No Botany! We Want Chemistry!" I was tickled and the feeling of being put down left quickly. I told them I would be right back, and pulled out a kit I have been saving for later.

 This book we browsed through. The digital book that you get with the purchase of the book was exciting to them and they instantly became Element Collectors.

 After I showed them how to use the work, they went to the computer to learn more bout molecules. DJ worked quite a bit with building molecules and discovered that Carbon Dioxide is made of two oxygen atoms, and one carbon atom.  

I am happy to report that after this quick lesson I was promoted to being Professor Mom:)                                            



3 comments:

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!