Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sewing School

Since I am not a sewer, and Ken badly wants to learn how to use a sewing machine I registered her for classes at my favorite craft store Jo Ann Fabrics.

Today was Sewing Class 101 where she learned the basics like, how to thread her machine, and practice some stitches.

After the basics were taught, she applied her new skills by making a pillow case.


    Ken is very proud of her new skills.
 When she came home she started looking through her fabric so she can make another one, I think she is hooked.  The next session she will be making some pajama pants.        

I also got to learn right along with her:)                                              

7 comments:

  1. Fun! I remember sewing class in high school - we sewed paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! She really does look proud :) I remember around that age visiting a neighbor for a sewing lesson. She helped me make an apron and I was over the moon! I'm excited to see what else Ken creates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for taking the time to leave a comment! It was such a happy time for Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow case is just beautiful!! I am so glad she's found something she loves and you are investing the time and effort to help her achieve her dreams! I love the smile of accomplishment on her sweet face!

    My (grown) sister is learning to sew. She is planning on teaching my soon to be nine year old how to sew, too. I'm looking forward to seeing that same sweet one's face, too =)

    Visiting from the crew =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good job she did! Sewing is going to give her such joy throughout her entire life--how special to see it begin!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!