Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Buddha Board

                                                     
All kids from preschool to high school have been working with the Buddha Board. The Buddha Board is meant to illustrate the" art of letting go".

     Once someone draws or writes on it the image slowly disappears.

 Michelle has been using it to practice Japanese writing characters, to go along with her study of languages.

 Janessa has used the Buddha board as a replacement to using the sand tray to help with formation of her letters as well as sound writing.

                                                                           
Besides the children being entertained while learning I really like that they are using a paintbrush as their stylus, which is helping Janessa with her pencil grip.

If you were going to link up today I apologize. My free subscription has expired and I need to get a paid subscription that I don't have time to complete today. I sure hope you will come back next week and link up.

4 comments:

  1. I have had a Buddha Board on my wish list for some time now. I love them!
    I will leave you an English link here in the comments this week, okay?
    http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/more-reading-lessons-on-twinkle-twinkle.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving your link here. I have tried to find this post but I am not having any luck. I enjoy all of your postings and from the looks of the link it looks like I amy have missed reading this one. I know it a good read too, just like all of your other postings. Thanks again for sharing your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I'm going to have to add it to my wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!